I wanted to draw your attention to a training programme for the Over 50s who are currently out of work
When I started this blog I wanted to provide you with uplifting and interesting posts that are generally geared towards Women (men are welcome of course) who are over 50.
Currently Skill set have linked with ReStart and the leading international Law firm, Allen & Overy who are looking to help people aged over 50 who have been unemployed for 6 months or more to help find new employment around London.
ReStart is for individuals over-50s living in London who have been unemployed for between six months and a year. Through workshops business mentoring and digital modules, participants are supported to rediscover strengths and to build the knowledge, skills and confidence to help them get back into work.
The programme will run over three months, starting in April, and will include: three masterclasses at Allen & Overy’s offices in Liverpool Street,
The course will also include digital support through e-learning and mentoring from a mentor at Allen & Overy.
The three masterclasses will focus on
- Building confidence and using personal networks.
- Taking a new direction and non-traditional employment
- Utilising online application tools.
You must satisfy the following criteria
- To be over the age of 50.
- To have been unemployed for above 27 weeks and less than 1 year
- To live in London and be able to travel to the Allen & Overy offices for the three master classes
Travel expenses will be paid.
Full details are on the link below – Please note the closing date is 9 April, 2017
Maybe you feel you are too old to start retraining or leaning new skills.
That is not the case. Take inspiration from the following people (you could be next on the list doing something amazing)
- Laura Ingalls Wilder of Little House on the Prairie published her first book when she was 65.
- Harland Sanders who we all know at The Colonel invented the KFC finger licking chicken at age 65. He made over $2 million dollars
- Sir Francis Chichester sailed around the world alone in a 53-foot boat at age 52, The boat usually is manned by 6.
- The Sony Walkman was invented by Akio Morita the Sony Chairman at age 58.
- John Glenn became the oldest person to go into space at the age of 77
So you are never too old to learn new skills.
I hope you will think about this course. It could be invaluable to you.