Have you broken your New Year Resolution yet?
Many of us will have made a New Year’s resolution – maybe to lose weight, quit smoking or drink less – but what’s the best way to stick to it?
Below are some tips to help you keep your New Years resolution and to make sure you do not break your new year resolution
- Make only one resolution as you are far more likely to have greater success when you put all your energy into just changing one area of your life.
- Do not follow the crowd – if everyone has decided to lose weight (for example) and this is not for you then do not do it. Think about instead about what you really want to get out of life.
- Avoid previous resolutions. Deciding to revisit a past resolution sets you up for frustration and disappointment.
- Break your goal into several sections and focus on creating subsections that are measurable and time based.
- Do tell your family and friends about your aims for 2018 – they will support you and want you to avoid total failure. So what if each year you always fall off the wagon – this year it will be different.
- To try to stay motivated and keep a diary of how you are progressing. Just because you ‘failed’ one day does not mean you are unable to keep to your resolution. Ask yourself if you had a bunch of flowers and one was wilted would you throw out the entire bunch of flowers. No you would remove the dead one and leave the rest to carry on blooming.
- Do treat yourself whenever you achieve a small goal as this will keep you motivated and give you a greater sense of achievement and you will feel more in control.
- Make your plans and progress concrete by keeping a handwritten journal, completing a computer spreadsheet or covering a notice board with graphs or pictures.
Finally…..Remember no one can stop you achieving your goals for 2018. These achievements are totally under your control. If you are 100% determined you will succeed. It is your actions which will need to change to get the results you really want. By having a strong sence of control in your daily life you will get the benefits you deserved. Are you one of those people who blame everyone one else apart from yourself then you will not get the reward you really want. So take full responsibility for your life and your future as otherwise what is the alternative?
I hope this post will help you and then when someone says Have you broken your new year resolution yet you can take great pride in saying No!